The Ambulatory Surgical Centers Market was worth US$ 85.4 billion in 2020 and it is anticipated to grow at a 3.9% CAGR from 2021 to 2031 to reach US$ 130.6 billion by 2031.
The report broadly segments the global ambulatory surgical centres market on the basis of centre type, modality, services speciality area and region. Based on centre type, the global ambulatory surgical centres market has been segmented into single speciality centres and multispecialty centres.
The rising number of Coronavirus cases amid the COVID-19 pandemic has impelled the demand for external treatment facilities among hospitals, which in turn is stimulating the global ambulatory surgical centers market outlook. However, high costs associated with deployment along with heavy infrastructural investments are expected to impede the industry growth throughout the study period.
Key Insights from FMI’s Report on the Ambulatory Surgical Centres Market
- Growing focus on containment of healthcare costs and increased Medicare spending on ASCs are driving the global ambulatory surgical centre market.
- Number of outpatient surgeries have increased significantly in the recent years, thereby impacting the ambulatory surgical centres market worldwide. Also, a significant share of outpatient procedures have shifted from hospitals to free-standing ambulatory surgical facilities over the same period.
- Over the last decade, various constitutes across healthcare continuum, including private insurance companies, self-insured employers, and government payers, are implementing meaningful cost-containment measures.
- Leading manufacturers are focussing on setting up manufacturing facilities in emerging markets and this would substantially increase the chances of growth, as there would be no import-export glitches.
Surgical Services Segment Dominates by Service Type
Surgical services segment is estimated to dominate the global ambulatory surgical centres market by service type with higher value share of the market by 2017 end. Surgical services segment is expected to reach US$ 77,664.3 Mn by 2027 end and will grow at a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period.
Gastroenterology Segment is the Most Attractive Segment by Specialty Area
Among speciality areas, gastroenterology is expected to dominate the global ambulatory surgical centres market in terms of value share during the forecast period. Gastroenterology is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period.
Ambulatory Surgical Centres Market: Key Players
Key competitors covered in the report include AmSurg Corp., HCA Holdings, Inc., Tenet Healthcare, Surgical Care Affiliates, Inc., Ambulatory Surgical Centers of America, Surgery Partners, Medical Facilities Corporation, Healthway Medical Group and Community Health Systems, Inc.
North America Will Continue to Grow at an Exponential Rate
FMI has analysed the ambulatory surgical centres market across seven key regions namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and Middle East & Africa (MEA). North America is expected to dominate the market value share for ambulatory surgical centres and is expected to reach US$ 61,588.4 Mn by 2027 end. The Western Europe market is expected to account for the second largest market value share, followed by APEJ. North America and Europe are collectively expected to constitute more than 82% of the market share over the forecast period. MEA is predicted to be the least attractive region in the global ambulatory surgical centres market.
Hospital-Based Ambulatory Surgical Centre Segment Accounts for Higher Market Demand
Among modality types, hospital-based ambulatory surgical centre segment is expected to dominate the global ambulatory surgical centres market with 59.5% value share in 2017. Hospital-based ambulatory surgical centre segment is expected to reach a market value of US$ 69,700.4 Mn by 2027 end, growing with a CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period.
Multispecialty Centres Segment is the Most Lucrative Segment
Multispecialty centres segment is estimated to dominate the ambulatory surgical centres market by product type with 65% value share of the market by 2017 end. Multispecialty centres segment is expected to reach US$ 76,028.6 Mn by 2027 end and will grow at the fastest CAGR of 4.4% over the forecast period.
Ambulatory Surgical Center by Category
By Centers Type:
- Single Specialty Centers
- Multispecialty Centers
- Hospital-Based Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Diagnostic Services
- Surgical Services
By Specialty Area:
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)